Hi, I’m Anne Daybell, Director of Essential Guide Magazine Ltd.
Born in Cheshire, I’d always wanted to be a teacher from the age of 6, and realised my dream after graduating from University with a degree in Psychology followed by a PGCE in Primary and Special Needs Education. I worked in special schools in Colchester for 15 years before moving to Warrington to marry and start a family.
I never imagined that I’d do anything other than teaching, and when my daughters started school I worked as a supply teacher in the local primary school they attended. I considered going back to teaching full time, but wanted to be around for them when they came home in the afternoon, and do all the things a stay at home mum would do with them.
The Essential Guide magazines
I’ve always supported local businesses and decided that there was nothing that helped to raise their profile in our local community. This was when the Essential Guide was born, and I launched the first edition in Culcheth in September 2004. It quickly became well-respected for its high quality and interesting content, providing a local, regular advertising medium for small and medium sized businesses in the village.
The demand for advertising grew and soon local businesses were asking for magazines in other areas, so the following year we launched a second edition in Stockton Heath. Over the past ten years the business has grown, with a series of 11 different editions across Warrington and surrounding areas.
Advertising in the Essential Guide magazines really does work. Results of a survey conducted by the Essential Guide in 2012 showed that local people really do prefer to shop local, and many of our advertisers tell us that the Essential Guide magazines are the best way for them to get new customers. The fact that over 75% of our customers repeat their adverts on a regular basis is testament to its success.
Being a local independent business ourselves, we understand the need for support from the local community. We’re proud of how the company has grown and developed, and the personal service we offer our customers. That’s what makes us special.
Our services include:
- Guaranteed delivery numbers free to residential homes (45,000 every other month)
- FREE social media promotions with booked adverts
- Automatic listing & link on our website when you advertise
- Online discount vouchers on our website
- Online advertising on our website
- Great local content in the magazines and on the website
- Help with advert design
- Professionally designed layout
- Quality local content that ensures the magazines are read and kept for reference
- Discounted advertising packages for block bookings
- Facility to spread your payments on a regular basis with 12.5% discount when you book for the year
- A great supportive team to help you make the best of your advertising budget